0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Claiming Compensation on behalf of an Injured Child

If your child is injured due to someone else’s negligence, you can pursue a claim for compensation on their behalf. If we take on your claim we can pursue it on a ‘No win – No fee’ basis.

The rules for claiming compensation for children are different for those relating to adults, particularly in relating to the timing of the claim.

For a child under 18 years of age a claim can be made for an accident up to 3 years after their 18th birthday, regardless of at what age the accident happened. However, it is always best to seek legal advice and make a claim at the earliest possible opportunity.

Children are owed a duty of care by those who are responsible for looking after them. This can mean the driver of a car in which they are a passenger, a teacher whilst they are at school or a nursery nurse while they are at nursery.

A duty of care involves such things as ensuring that the child is adequately supervised and also ensuring that any equipment they are using is safe and well maintained.

We can pursue claims for compensation for any accident involving a child, including:

  • Road accidentscontact us
  • Accidents in public places
  • Accidents on private property
  • Accidents at school or nursery
  • Accidents in playgrounds or commercial play premises
  • Slips, falls and trips
  • Faulty product liability claims
If you have any questions about making a claim for compensation, please contact us for more information.