0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Claiming Compensation for an Accident in a Public Place

If you have been injured in an accident in a public place, and it wasn’t your fault, you are entitled to pursue a claim for compensation.

Owners of all public buildings, for example supermarkets, restaurants and bars, all have a legal duty of care to ensure that the premises are safe for users.

Accidents in public places have a number of different causes, for example, spillages, loose floor coverings and obstructions to pathways.

If someone has been negligent and not adequately protected the users of their premises, you can make a claim for compensation.

It is important to remember that occupiers of premises used by the public have a legal duty to take out public liability insurance to cover injuries to the public. When you make a claim for compensation it will usually be the insurers who pay out any compensation awarded.

If we take on your claim we can pursue it on a ‘No win – No fee’ basis.

Local Authority Compensation Claims

Local Authorities or Councils are responsible for adequately maintaining areas that are under their control such as pavements and roads.

If you are injured due to a badly maintained surface, or due to the negligence of the local authority, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.

We can pursue claims for compensation where people have been injured in any public place, for example:

  • Pubs
  • Schoolscontact us
  • Playgrounds
  • Footpaths
  • Roads
  • Steps
  • Supermarkets and shops
  • Restaurants
  • Car parks
  • Parks and recreational areas
If you have any questions about making a claim for compensation, please contact us for more information.